Move your firm from management by crisis to calm, cool, and in control!
If You Haven’t Planned It, You Can’t Control It
Project budgets, schedules, scopes of work, quality, overhead costs, resource utilization…there are literally dozens of “things” that go into running a successful practice. But too often, engineers and engineering managers take a crisis management approach to controlling those “things.” The result? Blow ups by management when expectations fall short; and frustrated, confused employees who *thought* they were doing a good job.
Taking the time to plan properly is an investment that cannot be avoided, and one you’ll want to make to meet your goals and support your employees.
In this essential webinar, you’ll learn to:
- Understand the relationship between “Planning” and “Controlling”
- Map out all the “things” that need planning and controlling in an engineering firm
- Appreciate how employee performance relates to proper planning and controlling systems
- Recognize what “bad” control looks like
- Realize the integral role planning takes to schedule anything
- Gain knowledge of the Seven Basic Steps required to plan and control all facets of running a successful firm
The Proof is in the Planning
The learning outcomes of each attending individual and firm will be measured via behavior changes, i.e., attendees will create a plan for any aspect over which they expect to exert some degree of control. A short True/False Quiz will be sent to each attendee to measure their comprehension of the principles presented.
Don’t miss this gateway opportunity to leave chaos and management by crisis in the dust!
Webinar Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the relationship between Planning and Controlling
- Be reminded of all the “things” that need planning and controlling in an engineering firm
- Understand how employee performance relates to proper planning and controlling systems
- Realize what bad control looks like
- Understand the role planning takes to schedule anything
- Know the Seven Basic Steps Required to plan and control anything
Assessment of Learning Outcomes
The learning outcomes for each individual and each firm attending will be measured by their behavior changes as it relates to creating a plan for anything which they expect to exert some degree of control. A short True/False Quiz will be sent to each attendee to measure their comprehension of the principles presented.